Friday, June 15, 2012

Youthtown!



Getting out the bus, I knew we were here. Youthtown. I wondered what we’d make out of clay. First we got in this room, put down our bags, and then a Youthtown instructor led half of us into this room. We were making clay tiles.

First we had to cut out our tile. Afterwards my group had to crosshatch some bits of the tile. A crosshatch is a kind of X. We had to do it all around the square. Then we had to use the leftover clay, roll it until it was like a sausage, crosshatch it, then put some slip in between. “PHEW!!” I said. That took a while.

We then drew our design on the tile, put some coloured glass on, stamped my name on it, then gave it to the instructor to melt at 1000*C.
“Get your togs now” Miss King said. It was time for swimming.

“Thea’s in,Thea’s in, and she can’t even bother to get me!” I said
“TAG!” she yelled.
“Paula's in!”
“Time to get out!” Miss King said.


After we changed back into our school clothes, We went to the games room.
“Boys on Girls in mini soccer!” I yelled.“The Girls have one more point. What will happ---AA--AAARGH! That hurts a lot!”
Mua had pushed her defender right into my stomach.
“Boys win!” cheered Shalom.
My distraction had let the Boys win.

“Ooooooh, I think I’ll leave now” I moaned.
I decided to go and shoot basketball hoops with Leka and Tyrone. Bounce, bounce, bounce the ball went.
“Yay! I scored a point!” I yelled
“Uh, uh uh uh uh, uh uh uh uh, uh uh uh Oh.” Leka had scored one too.
“What!?” I yelled.
Because I want to win, I did a cheat. I went up the stairs to the top floor, dropped the basketball down the edge, and it went in the hoop.
“Woooooh!” I screamed.
Before I could celebrate my victory, Miss King said that we had to get our bags and go to the bus.

I can’t wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment