Friday, November 23, 2012

Manaiakalani

As a student in Manaiakalani, I get a netbook from year 5 and every three years I will get a new one. Because of that, I get my own blog and share my work with the world. Not only do we use them to make blogposts, we also use them to make stories in our Google drive, make sites, draw pictures, take screenshots, you name it.

The chairman of Manaiakalani, Pat Sneddan, worked together with Mr and Mrs Burt, and the principals of the schools in our area to build Manaiakalani. They started out with $100, but then a very kind person gave them over a million dollars. That’s how we got our netbooks. The parents of children year 5 and up have paid 1.5 million dollars (1/3). Now Manaiakalani has 4.5 million, and if it wasn’t for my parents, I wouldn’t have my netbook.

Thanks, Mum and Dad, for letting me have my netbook. I really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment