Friday, December 14, 2012

Prizegiving 2012


Last night was prizegiving, and I was late. We had to arrive at 6.45 pm, but when I looked at the time it was 6.59. “Mum! Dad!” I screamed with a frightened expression. We all scrambled out, into the car, and drove to th school. I freaked out, because I couldn't afford to be late.

Rushing into the hall, I found out that I made it just in time. I sat down in my class lines, and then Mr Burt came on the stage to talk. He talked about a lot of things, and the afterwards he handed out the awards. "Citizenship goes to..." Mr Burt said, "..Jordan Alofi!" Everyone cheered as Jordan walked up. "100% attendance goes to..." Iron Talia and Jordan Alofi!" Everyone cheered again, and Iron walked up the stairs. Mr Burt handed out the certificates, and said "You can walk down now."

"Now," Mr Burt carried on, "we do the year 5 acedemics. In 3rd...is Iron Talia!" Iron walked up again, got her certificate, and stood on the stage.

"In 2nd place," Mr Burt said enthusiastically, "Is Jordenne Eteuati!" Jordenne stood up, and walked up on the stage. "and last 1st place goes to...." the air crackled with tension. I leaned forwards. "...Iisa Salie!"Mr Burt said. I stood up and walked on the stage. It was my 4th time getting 1st place. I saw Mrs Tele'a. She handed me a huge bag of candy, like how the others did.

Then, as we sat down, Mr Burt said ''It's time for the year 5 item!" I gave Miss King my sack of candy, my trophy, and my certificate. We all got onto the stage in our positions, and when the music started, we danced our hearts out.
It was a really enjoyable experience, and I can't wait 'till next year, because they give out sports awards!

No comments:

Post a Comment