Monday, April 15, 2013

Manakau Institute of Technology

At 12 o'clock, there was a message on the intercom. "All ambassadors please report to the office." I knew what that meant. The ambassadors were going to M.I.T. This was the first time that we were going to talk somewhere else than our school.

I was pretty exited, but nervous. I had a very bad day and I didn't want it to get any worse. You see, messing up in front of all those people. The thought of it freaked me out. I don't know if I'm going to M.I.T when I'm older either. This, had to be right.

On the way to M.I.T, we were all singing songs. Except for Francis. Everytime we sang a song, the girls would stop part way through it, leaving me to sing the whole song. "Oh," said Jordan. "You guys are sad. You always leave Iisa to sing the rest of the song." Sometimes I joined in with them, and other times it was just me and Jordan.

When we got to our destination, I crossed my fingers and did a little prayer. When we walked in the room, I knew that there was a lot a people. And there were some guests there too. Francis' mum and nana, and Jordan's mother.

Before we started, a woman asked me if we wanted to have a drink. Everyone except me said yes, but I didn't want to be sitting in front of a full room of people on my own, so I tagged along. The way to the drinking fountain was longer than I thought. When we got to the staffroom, I drank the most water. To be honest, I didn't know why.

When we got back to the room, I knew it was time to our speech. It was nerve wrecking before we started, but it was going nicely during it. Everything was fine. After the last movie that was shown, we all stood up and Josephine said her last part, and then we walked out the room. A man who was sitting at the front said "Assalam Alikum." I think I only knew that because that was part of my speech.

When we were going back to school, I was glad that we got to go to M.I.T. They also gave us some sugary treats! But then again, I still wonder, why was I nervous?

No comments:

Post a Comment