Thursday, May 9, 2013

Will.i.am


Yesterday, Mr Burt told us that someone important was coming to our school and was going to donate something special to Manaiakalani, but he couldn't tell us who it was. I wondered who it was and what they were going to give us.

When I was in assembly today, I was very curious about who the guest was.  Mr Burt said, "Ever heard of the Black Eyed Peas?" "Yes!" We all answered. "Who in the group do you think it is? Here's a clue. That's why we have the Hip Hop group performing. Who is it?" Then, the answer was clear. It was Will.i.am

While we were waiting, we had a practice for when he came, as he was stuck in traffic. When he came,  the whole hall was filled with screams. I covered my ears. When Mr Burt came up to talk, everyone stopped screaming. "Phew!" I thought.

Will came up to talk, he told us about what he was going to do for us. "My mission is to help the lives of disadvantaged youths and I hope my donation will help young people gain the skills they need for tomorrow's job market," he said. That meant he was a philanthropist.

When Will was done, he picked up a $100,000 check and gave it to the children from the other schools that came.
Then, the Pounamu group came up to perform. Once they were done, the Hip Hop group came up to perform.

Now I want to be a philanthropist!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this fabulous report Iisa. I do like the way you have included hyperlinks too.

    I think it would be wonderful if you became a philanthropist when you are older.

    Mrs Burt

    ReplyDelete