Thursday, December 12, 2013

Netbook reflection 2013


There have been a lot of things that I have learnt this year, mostly from my teacher. One of those things was about Antarctica. I wouldn’t know about the weather there. What I mean is that I never expected the wind to be gusting everywhere, or it being really dark.


But that’s not all. I’m really glad that I have the internet at home as well, because if I didn’t, then I wouldn’t have gotten to check something that my dad taught me. Earlier in the year, my dad asked me if I knew who Ozymandias was. I didn’t know at all, but I searched it up. I ended up finding the poem of Ozymandias. That was something I couldn’t have done without the internet.


But it wasn’t all me getting help. I found out some things by myself. One of those things was the Reichstag. It is located in Berlin, the capital of Germany. It was bombed in World War II, but was then rebuilt with cut stone bearing masonry, glass and steel. Most of the glass is found at the top which forms a dome shaped observatory. Once again, I wouldn’t have known all that if it weren't for the internet. Here is the link to the movie I made about it.

I’ve learnt a lot by the internet, and I want to learn more. Having the internet at school and at home has been a real privilege. My goal is to become an engineer, and a scientist. Maybe I could become one, but I might need some help. And if I'm in a place with no people who can help, I can always use the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment