Monday, March 31, 2014

Life Symbols

This is my Mihi that I made in extension this term. My last Mihi that I made in year 4 wasn't as detailed as this one. Just to make sure you understand the symbols, I'll tell you.

The upper left symbol signifies that I'm learning Arabic. Why? Because I'm a Muslim. I know how to say hello in Arabic. Ahlan.

Underneath it, shows that I like rugby. I like watching it, not so much playing it. I also like playing soccer. I'm better than most people at school at it.

My family came from South Africa. Around 94% of my family that I know is South African. Recently my family has become NZ citizens.

Next to the flags, is chicken. I love the taste of roast chicken, which is why KFC is my favourite take-away restaurant.

Above it is technology. I love it. I have a netbook, which provides lots of entertainment, my family has an Ipad, and for my birthday I got a Nokia.

And in the middle, Shows how I think of myself. In case you need help understanding, I'll tell you. I rage a lot. Usually when I fail at Flappy Bird, I get angry quick and feel the need to break the thing in half.

And those are my life symbols! To view more extension Mihi's, click here.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Iisa. Thanks for sharing a little about yourself through your designs and explanations. I liked your artwork. You have an interesting background. Congrats for becoming a NZ citizen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed with how you could communicate so many things through a single picture. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a great job explaining the different parts that make up you! Thanks for sharing these taonga with us Iisa.

    ReplyDelete