Monday, June 1, 2015

Writing Vs. Writing: The Black Hole

This 2012 story was when we had a university student helping to teach Room 13. It was term 4, and we were learning about space. For the morning, we had to write down what we would want to do if we were astronauts. They were all read out, and were anonymous. One of the suggestions was to be the first on through a black hole. Everyone thought it was mine, but Thea actually wrote that. I took the credit for it, as I would talk non-stop about black holes.

So then Thea and I argued about who wrote it, and we even argued into the next task. The next task was to write a story about what we wrote. When I was busy writing the second line of the 2nd paragraph, Thea apologised to me and we decided not to be so harsh. I changed the sentence from 'I saw Thea get blown up by a meteor but decided to carry on' to "Overtaking Thea, I flew in the black hole while Thea came #2nd'.

Well, let's go!

2012...

I lost my GPS navigator

Getting on the Starship Enterprize, to launch off Central Africa I shouted “Where’s my GPS navigator!??!?!!?” 3, 2, 1.... BOOM! I hit the seat without putting on my seat belt.”NOOOOOOOO!!!” I screamed with horror.


What the! I smell Marshmallows! I shouted again. Overtaking Thea, I flew in the black hole while Thea came #2nd. Lee arrived 3rd. Unfortunately.


Then I decided to take him to the meteor wacth(unfortunately he didn’t go through the comets lie I did) but I led him to the Meteor Watch DO NOT PASS FIRE PAST THIS SIGN said the sign. Eh, You should see what it’s like in the DAYTIME!


Eventually we lived in a 5 star hotel and we lived a very great life. “Lee, have you seen my GPS navigator?”

2015...

"Wow," I thought to myself. "I get to use the new and improved Starship Enterprise all by myself! Ha ha, I will be first through the black hole after all!" I jumped right in. I searched for a G.P.S. navigator, because no matter what, I will get lost anywhere and everywhere. I sat back down in the seat, and accidentally turned warp mode on!

WOOOSH!! I was gaining extreme speed. I looked to my right. There was Thea! "Hurrah!" I shouted, knowing that I had beat her. The ship and I had protective materials on, so we weren't harmed by anything. My body was surging with multiple emotions. I made it. I saw a planet in the distance and decided to land.

My friend Lee landed on the planet around 6 hours later. After Lee landed on the planet, we got outside and decided to explore. There were large patches of fire around, so Lee and I decided to go back to Earth. On the way back, Lee and I were talking.

"Hey Lee," I asked. "Have you seen my G.P.S navigator? I haven't seen it all day. I might get lost, just like earlier!"

No comments:

Post a Comment